Monday, October 27, 2008

Our first home!

We bought our first home in May of this year! It was a rather quick process for us, one day we were just checking out houses around our neighborhood and then next thing we knew we were making an offer! We bought a foreclosed home for a heck of a price. But it sure did need a lot of work!! We had to put new carpet in the basement, new flooring in the kitchen and paint the whole house! And the yard was dying, but we brought it back to life. It's funny, but from the outside of the home it looks really really small. But it's really not. It is an 1800 sq. foot home and has 4+ bedrooms, 2 baths, a 'sitting' type room upstairs and a family room downstairs. Here are some picture taken after we had finally done all the renovations. It sure looks like a different house then what is was! This is our family room in the basement. Too bad you can't see the new carpet! The walls kinda look pink in this picture, but they are actually a light tanish color.
Here is what we call the 'sitting' room. We are eventually going to buy some new furniture so we will actually have a place to sit:) But this one chair is all we could do for the moment!
This is our kitchen (obviously). We had to buy a new fridge and put in new flooring and it transformed the room! I have a bunch of dishes stacked on the counter because this was before my parents were able to give us their old dishwasher! I hating washing dishes, so thanks mom & dad!!!
This is our bedroom! And that's the headboard that Gene made me for my birthday!
What a handy husband. And here is Camrynn's room! I painted it pink and green to match her bedding and it turned out so cute! She has a 'bug/butterfly' theme in her room. This was one of biggest changes in the house!
I also want to thank everybody who helped us make our house a home. We couldn't have done it without you! Thanks for all the painting you helped us with!! That was a BIG help. And thanks for all the gift cards to Home Depot:) We love and thank you all!!
Stay tuned, I will get around to putting up the 'Before' pictures
so you can see what a change it really was!!

1 comment:

tHe tHaYeRs said...

I love you home. You have it decorated so dang cute! Im jealous! I mostly love your house because it's so close to mine! Im a nerd i know!